Getting better at an instrument is surprisingly easy if you
PLAN YOUR WORK
WORK YOUR PLAN
1) choose a time of day, same time every day
2) pick a duration 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes
3) How many times a week, and what days?
4) pick a new song or part of a song each day to improve your ‘ sight reading skills”
5) review songs already in your repertoire- play each one 2 or 3 times but not more
6) do a technical exercise for example ” Hanon ” for piano
take a few minutes for ” free play ” – improvisation, or just moving your hands around the instrument
STAY TUNED FOR MORE TIPS TO COME!!